Journey at HS Navigator !
As we continue planning for Young Scholar Program(YSP) 2023, I wanted to take some time to recognize the path that HS Navigator has taken since its inception and some of the landmarks we have reached along the way. What started out as a way for me to find summer programs in high school has now evolved into a team of students passionate about helping people explore their passions.
– In 2019 we launched HS Navigator live with over 2000 opportunities, helping me land some of my own
– In 2020, amid the pandemic we became a non-profit and started providing volunteer hours to students whose programs had been cancelled
– In 2021, as pandemic continued to close multiple summer programs, we launched YSP for the first time to over 100 students, focusing on computer science and related opportunities
– 2022 witnessed a significant growth in YSP, with over 200 participants joining us and an expansion of the subject areas we covered. We delved into healthcare and business themes, in addition to providing guidance on college life and career prospects from experts in various industries.
– In 2023 we finalized our new medical program tool, helping students navigate the pre-med pipeline as well as creating our new bi-weekly newsletter. We also have a lot more features planned, and are looking towards expanding our YSP 2023 lineup as well!
Thank you all for the support so far, and in the future HS Navigator will continue to expand and develop through the help of our leadership team and the community!